Saturday, July 25, 2009

Simple Goulash

Hubs loves goulash, me...not so much. I just find it far to bland for my tastes, no matter how much I try to doctor it. But this recipe for goulash was not only simple but one that I actually kind of enjoyed. I even considered seconds for a few minutes...but opted not to for the sake of my waistline (not that this is an unhealthy meal. I'm just trying to keep my portions in check.)

Ingredients...

...1 lb. ground meat, browned
...2 1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked
...1/2 onion, chopped
...1/2 green pepper, chopped
...1 can tomato soup, undiluted
...handful of shredded cheese
...3/4 c. water
...1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
...3 tbsp. butter, melted

Directions...

Brown ground meat with onions and peppers. In a bowl, stir together meat, noodles, cheese and soup until well coated. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter until a course topping is created. Place on noodle mixture. Bake uncovered at 350* for 35-40 minutes.

My Thoughts...
This was tasty for a goulash (and for it's looks). Hubs gobbled it right up, and even asked for seconds...he's so cute :) I reheated this for lunch today, and added some leftover spaghetti sauce and a little more cheese to it, and that made this casserole much more to my liking. So perhaps the answer to my goulash dislike is spaghetti sauce. And garlic powder. I'm kind of a garlic fanatic.

*blushes sheepishly*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails