Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Savory Pot Roast

I feel like I've tried every pot roast recipe out there. Seriously. Okay, maybe not every pot roast recipe out there, but we've tried a lot. I just have issues with pot roast. I guess I like 'em creamy - and they all just turn out juicy. I'd prefer for the roast to soak up in gravy that I can drown my potatoes in.

I have found one recipe that I make time and time again, which calls for a can of cranberry sauce. But I was out of cranberry sauce, so I turned to A Year of Slowcooking in search of another fabulous pot roast recipe. I mostly chose this one on the basis that I had everything in my pantry and wouldn't have to venture out in the -15 degree temps (yep. that's a negative sign before the fifteen there peeps!) to the grocery store. This did turn out fabulously - not creamy like I long for - but it had excellent flavor!

Ingredients

Rump or Chuck roast
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 c. Ketchup
2 c. Chicken Broth
2 c. Baby Carrots (optional)

Directions

Put the roast into of your crockpot pot, and pour in brown sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. Toss in carrots (if using). Pour broth evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the meat has reached desired tenderness.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails