Friday, May 22, 2009

Cheesy Bean Enchiladas

I love me some enchiladas! But I'm not such a fan of the sauce unless it's creamy, ooey, gooey and cheesey (great on the diet, I know, right). I found a recipe for an enchilada that fits all of my criteria, and then I altered it to fit my tastes. Here ya go...it's a definite keeper in my book!

Ingredients...

...1 can Cream of Chicken soup
...1 can Nacho Cheese Soup (I didn't have any, so I melted up velveeta and mixed in some milk to make my own!)
...1 1/2 C. Milk
...1/4 C. Salsa
...1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
...Beans (I used about 1 cans worth, but they were ones I had precooked and frozen)
...Tortillas (I only used 4-5)
...1 can Enchilada Sauce
...1/2 C. Sour Cream

Directions...

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 9x13 pan (I used one just a bit smaller). In a bowl mix together soups, milk, sour cream and salsa. Pour enough of mixture to cover the bottom of greased pan. Add beans to remaining mixture. Use remaining mixture to fill tortillas and roll up tightly in pan. Pour enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas. Top sauce with shredded cheese. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.

My Thoughts...

This was delicious! It's definetely a keeper and I'm glad I came upon this recipe and then altered it to my tastes! It's probably not the healthiest of all enchiladas, but it sure is yummy! This will be our "splurge" meal for nights we don't want to eat super healthy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails