Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crockpot Potato Soup

I love my crockpot. I love soup. I love soup in my crockpot. Actually, I love everything in my crockpot...mostly for the ease of preparation and the smell that floats through my house. Last weekend I decided to make some potato soup, so here ya go!

The Ingredients...


...6 Slices Bacon, cut up
...1/2 C. chopped onion
...1/2 C. chopped carrot
...1 can chicken broth (or 2 cups if you don't have canned)
...2 C. milk
...4 C. cubed potatoes (it took me about 6 medium potatoes)
...1/8 t. cayenne pepper (aka red pepper)
...1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I just threw in a few small handfuls)

Directions...

Place all ingredients in crockpot and stir together. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

My Thoughts...
This was good. Hubs suggested that I add some chopped green onion to the mix for added flavor. I think I will try this next time. Anyways, while this was good, it wasn't great. I think I'm going to try and find a different recipe next time. Hubs' favorite potato soup recipe is baked potato soup...so I think I will try that next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails