Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Garlic-y Roasted Potatoes

I like to make my own potato something to go with our meals rather than purchasing bagged french fries from the grocery store. I've tried many recipes, sometimes getting frustrated because they don't turn out right and sometimes rejoicing in how tasty the recipe comes out. I really enjoy making roasted potoates. I have only really made them a time or two before, this is my first "real" roasted potato recipe. Don't judge. The only thing that I always worry about when making potato something's in the oven is how the potatoes cook. Slice them too thin and you'll have burnt potatoes. Slice them too thick and you'll be eating potatoes that are crunchy and cold in the middle. But, this recipe came out perfect! The potatoes were cooked perfectly through, the spices were right on and they went great with my burgers that I made that same night for supper.


Ingredients...


...4 large potatoes (not peeled. ignore the peeled potato. it was a blonde moment on my part.) washed.
...2 T. olive oil
...1 tsp. salt
...1/2 tsp. pepper
...1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Directions...

Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Toss in a large bowl with remaining ingredients until potato chunks are evenly coated in oil and seasonings. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 450 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails