Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grandma's BBQ Biscuits

My grandma frequently made this recipe. It's simple and sooo kid friendly! There are two ways to go about making this dish. You can either use bottled barbecue sauce or you can make your own barbecue sauce of sorts. I am going to include both variations, but in this case, I used bottle barbecue sauce. Mostly because I have about 20 bottles in my stockpile. So it just made sense to use that. But seriously? The homemade version is waaayy better. Also. Sorry about the excess of main dish recipes lately. While I was on my blogging hiatus, I only photographed the main dishes that I made (and just so you know, I made more than 3 or 4 main dishes while I was away, these were just the ones that I remembered to whip out my camera for). I did bake up a lot of deliciousness while I was on my break as well, I just didn't get photos. So now that I'm feeling better on a day by day basis I will hopefully be baking and cooking more and be getting more photos!


Ingredients...


...1 lb ground beef
...1/4 cup chopped onion
...1 tube refrigerator biscuits
...Shredded cheese
...BBQ Sauce OR...

(ingredients for homemade version of BBQ sauce)
...1 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
...1 T. brown sugar
...1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
...1/2 tsp. salt
...1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions...

In a skillet, brown ground meat with onion. Stir in BBQ Sauce, or ingredients for the homemade version. Simmer for 5 minutes. In an ungreased muffin tin, place one unbaked refrigerated biscuit in each muffin cup, pressing dough up the sides of the muffin cup. Spoon meat mixture into the cups. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle each cup with cheese and bake until cheese melts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails