Friday, January 29, 2010

Enchilada Stacks

I recently inherited many of my grandmothers cookbooks. All of the books were ones put together by local organizations, so they are chock full of good down home cooking and recipes from the wonderful women (and men!) of my grandmothers' and parents' generation.

One cookbook in particular has been a favorite of mine to peruse and use recipes from. It was published in 1995 by the ladies of our small town (population: 300. Maybe. You think I'm joking!) I know just about every woman whose name is listed under a recipe...which is understandable considering the population count. Not only that, but a lot of these recipes I remember my mom and grandma making from this very cookbook while I was growing up.

So it's easy to understand why I couldn't wait to get going making recipes from this cookbook...recipes that we ate growing up and that I forgot about. This recipe is no exception. My mom made this recipe for supper often, and it was a favorite among my sisters and I. I wasn't disappointed with it this time around either...it's so delicious!


Ingredients...

...Tortilla Shells (you will need 3-4 per stack)
...1 lb. ground meat
...1/2 c. onions, chopped
...1 pkg. taco seasoning
...sour cream
...salsa
...shredded cheese
...peppers (I used green)
DirItalicections...
Brown ground beef with onions and taco seasoning. In a greased circle cake pan lay one tortilla down, and top with ground beef mixture, shredded cheese and peppers. Add another tortilla and repeat previous step. Add a third tortilla and top with remaining ground beef, sour cream and salsa. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails