Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Steak Stir Fry

I have professed my love for mexican fare before, but I have a confession.

Mexican food is not my all time favorite when it comes to ethnic foods.

Nope. Chinese takes the number one spot in my heart when it comes to ethnic foods. Which is lucky for me because Chinese food is so darn easy to make at home. Which saves us from paying an arm and leg for take out every time I have a craving.

Which is often at almost 6 months pregnant...

I've tried a lot of stir fry recipes before, and I'm surprised at myself that I haven't shared any of those recipes yet. I better get on the ball!! So here's a first...steak stir fry. Which was actually a first for me as well. I usually only use chicken when I make stir fry. But when taking inventory of my deep freeze last weekend I realized that I desperately need a good meat sale to come about. But until then we have more than enough steak to experiment with. I figured no time is better than now to make my first steak stir fry!




Ingredients...
...1 beef boullion cube
...1 cup boiling water
...2 T. cornstarch
...1/3 cup soy sauce
...1 pound steak
...1/8 tsp. garlic powder
...1 tsp. ground ginger
...1/4 tsp. black pepper
...2 T. vegetable oil
...1/2 green pepper, julienned
...1/2 yellow pepper, julienned
...4 stalks celery, chopped
...1 cup frozen peas
...Rice, cooked

Directions...

Dissolve boillion cube in boiling water. Combine cornstarch and soysauce until smooth, add to boullion and set aside. In a skillet, brown steak to desired done-ness in vegetable oil. Add peppers, celery and peas to skillet. Toss mixture with garlic powder, ginger and pepper until everything is well coated with seasonings. Stir fry mixture until vegetables are crisp tender. Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes and then remove from the heat. Serve over a bed of rice.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! That looks delicious. The other day my hubby made me a really yummy fried rice ... I tried to convince him to "guest post" it on my blog, but he claims that it's a top secret recipe!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

This looks fabulous! You should add this link to my "Taste the World" meme starting today! We're focusing on Chinese food, and this would fit well. :) http://alison.blogsome.com/2010/02/18/taste-the-world-intro/

Related Posts with Thumbnails