Friday, February 19, 2010

Pasta Carbonara

I have always been a lover of pasta dishes. Whenever hubs and I go out to eat, I can almost guarantee that I will order off of the pasta menu over a sandwich or cut of meat. So it's pretty safe to say that I love experimenting with new pasta recipes at home as well. So when I found this recipe for Carbonara over at Cooking During Stolen Moments, I knew I had to give it a try. Mostly because I've never had Carbonara before, so I was eager to learn what all the fuss is about!

This was really good! I love bacon, so it was a great addition to this meal, and a much appreciated difference from the typical chicken found in pasta dishes. It adds a whole new dimension of flavor!


Ingredients...


...1/2 lb bacon, diced
...1 onion, diced
...1/2 tsp. garlic powder
...1/2 c. chicken broth
...1/2 c. milk
...1/2 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
...2 eggs, slightly beaten
...1/2 tsp. black pepper
...1/2 lb. fetuccine noodles or spaghetti noodles

Directions...

In a skillet, cook onions and garlic powder in a small amount of olive oil for about 5 minutes. Cook bacon to your liking in microwave or oven until crispy, and then break or cut into piece.s Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook noodles according to package directions. To the onions and garlic powder, add chicken broth and milk and cook until it just starts to boil. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Then, whisking continuously, add in beaten eggs. Remove from heat and add bacon. Pour sauce over cooked noodles, and stir to coat all the noodles well.

To check out more delicious recipes, check out Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollum and Food on Fridays over at Ann Kroeker!

2 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh, yum, yum!! I actually have a blog post half written about carbonara- it's been a favorite for years. Great post!
xoxo Pattie

Ann Kroeker said...

We love pasta carbonara, too! I like your recipe, though, with the broth. The version we've been making uses cream instead of milk and uses no broth. I'm going to experiment with our version a little bit and see how it turns out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails