Friday, April 2, 2010

30 Minute Rolls

What would be an Easter dinner without rolls? There are a lot of really great roll recipes out there, several of which I have tried and shared with you including Sour Cream Rolls and Pumpkin Rolls. I decided this time to go the way of ease and try out the 30 Minute Rolls that I found over at Real Mom Kitchen. The idea of quick rolls really appealed to me, especially at this time of year when I feel like I am running 100 miles per minute just to get everything done. Between the Easter celebrations we have with family, baby showers, First Communions, weddings, prom grand marches, spring cleaning, yard work, and work anything that is quick and easy is much appreciated right now! To get a roll that's quick and easy like this? Priceless! Especially when it's a super tasty roll like this one!

My only suggestion to you is to use more flour than I did. My dough was pretty sticky, and I think that affected the baking time, which actually ended up being closer to 20 minutes. I also think that they would have shaped into a prettier roll had the dough been easier to handle. Otherwise, this roll is amazing and one that you should seriously consider for your Easter potluck this weekend!



Ingredients...

...1 1/8 c. plus 2 tsp. warm water
...1/3 c. oil
...2 T. yeast
...1/4 c. sugar
...1/2 tsp. salt
...1 eggs
...3 1/2 c. flour

Directions...

Mix water, oil, yeast and sugar together in a bowl. Let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs. Gradually stir in flour until a dough forms. Shape into rolls and place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails