Monday, April 19, 2010

Blitz Bread

This is a fabulous bread recipe that is my new go to bread for Italian food night! It has an amazing garlic-y/Italian/DELICIOUS flavor to it that just makes me want to sit and eat the entire pan in one sitting! I found this recipe over at My Kitchen Cafe and was intrigued! I have seen recipes in the past that call for adding things like garlic or cheese to bread, but have never tried them before. I finally decided to give it a go with this recipe and I'm a convert! This is a great alternative to garlic bread or breadsticks on Italian night! I served this with spaghetti (I made the sauce from scratch, watch for the recipe in a few days!)  and it was delicious!

This is a flatter bread, slightly dense, so it wasn't your typical loaf of bread. It was more of a bar like consistency. Just try this, it's great!


Ingredients...

...1 1/2 c. warm water
...3 T. olive oil
...1 1/4 tsp. salt
...3 1/2 c. flour
...1 T. yeast
...1/2 tsp. garlic salt
...3 tsp. dried herbs (I used a McCormick blend of herbs & garlic powder. It was perfect!)
...Italian Seasoning

Directions...

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the Italian Seasoning. Stir until everything is well combined. Prepare a 9x13 pan by greasing the bottom and sides, and then drizzling the 3 T. olive oil on the bottom. Scrape batter into the pan, cover and let sit in a draft free, room temperature spot for one hour. After resting for an hour, drizzle the top of the dough with a little more olive oil, and then sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails