Friday, April 9, 2010

Cinnamon Chicken

I originally discovered this recipe three years ago. I was living in a dorm room in which my only means of cooking was a toaster oven or microwave. Not exactly the tools for a gourmet meal. Actually, it wasn't exactly the means for an any kind of meal. So while I was cruising around Allrecipes one slow afternoon while working in the college admissions office, I found this recipe and immediately emailed it to my dad with the line "you should make this when I come home this weekend!". Being the good daddy that he is, this wonderful chicken was just being pulled out of the oven when I walked in the door that weekend :)

I've made this recipe on my own a few times since, and I've come to the conclusion that I just am going to have to ask Dad what he did different from the recipe, because for some reason I just don't remember it coming out this way. Don't get me wrong, this chicken recipe is positively 100% delicious! It is so moist and juicy, with great flavor...but I just don't remember there being so much spice and seasonings all over each breast. So I just really want to find out how Dad got each chicken piece packed with flavor without the spices encrusting each piece.

Or. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me and I only remember a different outcome to this recipe because I was used to cafeteria mystery meat and ramen noodles at the time. So anything and everything else seemed gourmet. It's a puzzler...

Ingredients...

...4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
...1 tsp. ground cinnamon
...2 T. Italian style seasoning
...1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
...3 tsp. salt
...1 tsp. ground black pepper

Directions...

Place chicken in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle each breast evenly with all spices. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

I've heard cinnamon is the spice to add to meat... but I haven't been brave enough to try it. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails