Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bean Bake

If anyone were to ever ask what my favorite food is, this would hands down have to be it. This is another one of those dishes that I grew up eating and I have loved it all my life. It is such a simple recipe and many don't understand why it is my favorite...until they taste it. Basically, this is doctored up baked beans...but oh my it is wonderful! This was a recipe that my grandma always made, it reminds me of growing up, being in her warm and inviting kitchen where cookies were always in the cookie jar and something delish was always in the oven. I've noticed I've been making a lot of my grandma's recipes lately, but I think it's because it's fall and they are all such a warm, comfort food to me. I hope you love this as much as I do!


Ingredients...
...1 lb. ground meat
...2 (15 oz.) cans pork and beans
...1/4 cup ketchup
...1/4 cup brown sugar
...2 tsp. ground mustard
Directions...
Brown ground meat. In an oven safe casserole dish, stir together all ingredients until well combined. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. See...I told ya...simple.
To see other great recipes, check out Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails