Thursday, November 12, 2009

Uncle Dan's Tuna Noodle Casserole

I got this recipe from my husband's uncle Dan. Like two years ago. We were all sitting at a family gathering and I was copying down recipes from hubs' grandma's cookbooks when Uncle Dan saw what I was doing and recited this recipe for his Tuna Noodle Casserole to me. I wrote it down and it has sat in my recipe folder ever since. When I decided that I wanted to make Tuna and Noodles last week, I figured I would give Uncle Dan's recipe a shot. Except, when I re-read the ingredients, I about passed out from the fat content! The original recipe called for a stick of butter, bag of cheese and potato chips. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially since now that I am pregnant, I'm watching my fat content super closely. I strive to make only meals that are low fat or super healthy. So I put off making it for a few more days until I decided to just tackle it. So I tweaked this recipe. A lot. And guess what! It was delish! So delish that hubs ate it for breakfast the next morning. I did good :)


Ingredients...
...1/2 package rotini or egg noodles
...1 can peas
...1 can cream of mushroom soup
...2 cans tuna

Directions...

Cook noodles according to package directions. Combine cooked noodles with all other ingredients in an oven safe casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

To see other recipes for special diets, check out Ultimate Recipe Swap over at Life as Mom!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails