Thursday, November 5, 2009

Salsa Chicken

So the picture isn't all that appetizing. But this was actually okay. Yes. Just okay. It kind of reminded me of when I put chicken in my crockpot to swim in barbecue sauce. But a little spicier. What bums me out even more is that this recipe took an entire jar of Grandma's homemade salsa to make...and we only had two left. One now. PLUUSSS...Grandma didn't make any more salsa this year...hailstorm got the best of her garden. Darn you mother nature! I guess I'll have to settle for storebought for the next year or so. Anyways. I digress (I've been doing that a lot lately...). Despite that this was something of a let down, it really was good. Hubs enjoyed it. I think part of the reason I didn't enjoy it so much is because it gave me heartburn (which is something I should have thought of before preparing this. I'm pregnant. Heartburn is a given. Oi!). But I bet you'll like it! So, go make this! Let me know what you think...and PLEASE don't let my opinion sway yours. Form your own opinion and let me know what it is!

Ingredients...
No Picture, Sorry! (yet something else I seem to be doing (or more like, not doing) a lot lately...)
...4 chicken pieces (I say pieces because you can use what you choose. Legs. Breasts. Thighs. Whatever...)
...4 tsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
...1 cup salsa
...1 cup shredded cheese

Directions...

Place chicken pieces in a greased oven safe dish or pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, covering entire piece. Cover pieces in salsa and bake at 375 until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. I'm not giving you an exact time to cook this because the original recipe says that 20-30 minutes will be sufficient. But when I baked mine, it took over an hour to not have pink chicken. So test, test, test that chicken and make sure you aren't eating raw bird for crying out loud!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails