Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baked Pancake Squares

Is your family nuts about breakfast food like mine is? I'm always in search of new breakfast food recipes to try so that we don't get sick and tired of the same old same old. When I found this one, I was practically giddy! I love making pancakes, except for the whole cooking them part. I always seem to burn them. Baking them in the oven just seemed like the perfect solution.

And oh, trust me, it sooo is!


Ingredients...


...3/4 cup milk (not pictured)
...2 T. applesauce (you can sub butter or plain yogurt here as well)
...1 egg
...1 T. white sugar
...1 cup flour
...2 tsp. baking powder
...1/4 tsp. salt

Directions...

In a large bowl stir together egg, milk, applesauce and sugar until well combined. Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add in baking powder and salt and stir until everything is well combined. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

To see more tasty recipes, check out Mouthwatering Monday over at a Southern Fairytale!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought about Baked pancakes before they just sound delicious and easy too!
vickie @cooking with vickie

Related Posts with Thumbnails