Friday, December 25, 2009

Pecan Pie

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope that you are all enjoying the day, and remembering the true meaning! And just so you know, no, I am not blogging on Christmas. I sneakily scheduled this one to post on it's own so I can spend the day competely and entirely with my family! But I figured I best share a last minute pie recipe with you, just as I did on Thanksgiving with the Pumpkin Pie...because I know that there are a few of you out there hurridly searching for a last minute recipe for...something...to take to that family gathering today...or maybe to put your kids in a sugar induced coma with so you can sneak in a nap (sneaky little you!). So here. Make this. Because you can never eat too much pie at this time of year...and with New Years in a week (and that inevitable resolution to lose weight come the new year) you better get all the pie in while you still can! This is pretty different recipe from your typical pecan pie. It doesn't call for Karo syrup. And it's still delicous. Perhaps even more so. Give it a try. I bet you'll like it!


Ingredients...


...1 unbaked pie crust (9")
...1 cup light brown sugar
...1/4 cup white sugar
...1/2 cup butter
...2 eggs
...1 T. all purpose flour
...1 T. milk
...1 tsp. vanilla extract
...1 cup chopped pecans

Directions...

In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and then stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and flour until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and then stir in the nuts. Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 and bake an additional 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails