Thursday, December 17, 2009

No Bake Cookies

This is the first recipe that I ever made on my own. It was actually my first 4-H project too :) Since then, I have not tired of this recipe. It's another one of those recipes that we made a lot growing up and so it just reminds me of my childhood everytime I make it! This would be a great recipe for your kids to help you out with...they will love helping to drop these onto the wax paper and mix in the ingredients. Just be sure to watch their little fingers or you may not have many left on the waxed paper at the end of the day! These would make a great addition to any candy and cookie platter...because while they are techinically called a cookie...couldn't they be considered a candy? I sure think so....

Mmmmmm!



Ingredients...


...1/2 cup milk
...1/2 cup butter
...2 cups sugar
...6 T. cocoa powder
...3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
...1 heaping spoonful of peanut butter (not pictured)

Directions...

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring milk, butter, cocoa, sugar and peanut butter to a boil. Continue to let boil for 1 minute. After 1 minute of boiling, remove from heat and stir in oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool until hardened.
To see more great holiday recipes, check out the Ultimate Recipe Swap going on over at Life as Mom!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails