Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

Happy December! The Christmas season is officially upon us and I am having a blast with all of these Christmas recipes in the kitchen! Homemade cookies, candies, bars...all of it just screams Christmas to me! So, on every Tuesday from now until Christmas, I am going to share a different cookie recipe, so that way you and your family have a selection to choose from for Santa! Because we all know that you can't go to bed peacefully on Christmas Eve night without having that plate of cookies and glass of milk sitting out for Santa!

This week's cookie recipe seriously couldn't get any easier! Three ingredients and about a half hour of your time from start to finish and these cookies are done. And they're good too! So if you are a procrastinator, this is your last minute cookie for any occaison...Santa, a get together...or just a midnight craving :)



Ingredients...


...1 boxed cake mix
...1/2 cup oil (I substituted light sour cream. Applesauce or plain (or vanilla) yogurt would work as well)
...2 eggs

Directions...


Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Form dough into balls and bake at 350 for about 7 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

I should note that my dough was still pretty runny and there was no way it was forming into balls. So I just dropped it on the cookie sheet by spoonfuls. They turned out just fine, but with a bit different consistency than other cake mix cookies I've tried in the past.

Head on over to The Finer Things in Life to check out the Dessert Edition of Finer Things Friday...yuuuummmmm!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an EASY!!! and YUMMY!!! cookie. I think my grand-daughters will enjoy make this GREAT!!! recipe. I the summer we have a Saturday tea party, but now that it's cold we have Saturday bake and eat our goodies day. So must FUN!!!
I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes and ideas, come by and visit my blog maybe you can do the same.
THANKS!!! for the recipe.
Geri

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Yum! I love cake mix cookies. So far I've made them with yellow cake and devil's food. Both were delicious!

Hope to see you December 14-18 for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! We'll have events all week, including a recipe linky on Thursday, Dec. 17. And we'll have prizes too! Check out my blog for more details!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

A friend of mine makes cake mix cookies all the time. So easy to adapt to new flavors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails