Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grandma's Peanut Butter Balls

Every Christmas, my grandma would spend WEEKS in the kitchen preparing for all of her children and grandchildren to come spend Christmas day eating, rejoicing and visiting in her home. Several days worth of her preperations would be candy making. My favorite candy every year would be this peanut butter ball recipe. I just couldn't get enough of these tasty little confections! Once Grandma passed, we never got any homemade candy at Christmas anymore. I finally decided that it's time for someone to carry on the tradition, and I am taking that upon myself. I couldn't stop sneaking taste tests of these amazing peanut butter delights while I was making them, they just brought back so many memories of Christmas' from my childhood!


Ingredients...
...2 cups creamy peanut butter
...3/4 cup butter
...3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
...3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
...1 pound chocolate (I used Hershey's Kisses because it's what I had on hand. Chocolate chips, baking squares, etc. will also work!)
...2 T. shortening

Directions...

In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter and melted butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and Rice Krispies until a dough is formed. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. Once dough is chilled, form dough into small balls and freeze for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, melt chocolate and then stir in shortening until smooth. Dip frozen peanut butter balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails