Friday, September 18, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta

so excited to try this recipe out! Boy, was I ever disappointed. It came out tasting like bacon flavored goulash. And I do not like goulash. Hubs loved it, and while I ate it (and thought it was just okay) I'll probably never make it again. If only I didn't have such a distaste for goulash maybe it wouldn't have been so bad...I do have a funny story to go along with this recipe however :) A few weeks back I was at Fareway, and in their mark down cart, there were several cans of veggies, fruits and soups all marked down for 19 cents a can. I grabbed up what was left, and then saw that one of the cans was without label. I shook it and figured that there was either tomato soup or cream of (something) soup in there. So I grabbed it too, figuring that it would be an interesting adventure. And there it sat in my pantry for close to two months. Last night when I went to make this, I realized that I didn't have any tomato soup like I thought I did, so I opened the mystery can, praying the whole time that it would be tomato soup so I could finish this recipe! As fate would have it, it was! I just thought it was kind of humurous :)


Ingredients...



...1 lb. ground beef
...6 slices bacon
...8 oz. pasta
...1 can tomato soup
...1 handful of cheese

Directions...

Brown ground beef in a skillet. At the same time, cook pasta according to package directions until tender in a seperate pot. Cook bacon until crisp, and cut into strips. Drain pasta, and add to ground beef in skillet. Stir in tomato soup and bacon and then top with cheese. Cover and let simmer until warmed through and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails