Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brown Sugar Chicken


I love chicken. Probably too much. Because my stockpile is almost out. And I have a deep freezer FULL of other meats...but yet I'm still planning on going out and buying more chicken this week since it's on good sale, when in reality I should wait until next time and eat up some of that other meat...Anyways. I digress. This chicken will make you think that you've tasted a bit of heaven. And then you'll feel guilty about all of the sugar and immediately want to go brush your teeth. But it will all be worth it. Because this chicken is goo-ood! It kind of reminded me of when I toss chicken in the crockpot with BBQ sauce, but it was better! And it didn't taste quite as sugary as I was expecting it to, which was a definite plus!

The Ingredients...

...6 chicken breast halves
...1 cup of brown sugar (I told you that you'd feel guilty...)
...1/4 cup lemon lime pop (I used 7UP)
...2/3 cup of vinegar (I used white)
...3/8 tsp. garlic powder
...2 tbs. soy sauce
...1 tsp. ground black pepper
Directions...
Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Cover with the brown sugar, pepper, garlic powder and soy sauce. Pour in the vinegar and then add the pop (yes. it is supposed to bubble like that!). Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6. The longer you cook it the more tender the chicken will be.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you use a "Food Saver" to keep your freezer foods frost free? If not, what do you use???

MoneySavinDiva said...

I actually just throw the stuff into regular old ziploc baggies. We don't typically have stuff in there long enough to get freezer burn, so I've not had a problem with this method yet...

Anonymous said...

Where is there a chicken sale near you? I believe you are also in Iowa but I haven't seen a good sale recently. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails