Sunday, September 20, 2009

Egg Drop Soup

One of the random boxes of stuff that I'm trying to use up in my pantry was a Wanchai Ferry Sweet and Sour Chicken dinner kit (soooo not good, by the way!). So I decided that the only way to compliment a Chinese dinner kit, was to whip up a pot of egg drop soup! Because what is a chinese meal without some of this soup? I'm glad I made the soup, because the dinner kit was nasty! So at least we had something else to fill our tummies! This was good, and the only changes I would like to see made next time is to add some carrots, because that's what our local chinese resturant does, and I love it! This was way easier than I thought it would be, which was great because I'm going to be making it a lot from now on!


Ingredients...


...2 (14 oz.) cans Chicken Broth (or 4 cups if you use boullion cubes or make your own!)
...2 eggs
...1 egg yolk
...1/8 tsp. ground ginger
...2 tbs. chopped chives
...1 1/2 tbs. cornstarch

Directions...

Reserve 3/4 cup chicken broth in a bowl and set aside. Place remaining broth in a pot over medium-high heat. Stir in ginger and chives and bring to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, stir cornstarch into reserved chicken broth until smooth. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk. Drizzle egg a little at a time from a fork into the boiling broth. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails