Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Let's talk cookies. Still-warm-from-the-oven, moist, soft, chewy cookies. Are you salivating yet? Good, because you are going to want to run to the kitchen, pull out all the ingredients for this fab peanut butter cookie and whip up a batch! They are just that delish! Not quite as good as my grandma made when I was a kid...but darn close. Ever since I went on that peanut butter stockpiling spree last week, it seems all I have been craving is peanut butter cookies. So when I finally had time to do a little baking on Saturday, they were the first thing I whipped up!



Ingredients...



...1 cup plain yogurt (to cut fat. Or else you can use 1 cup of butter, oil or applesauce)
...1 1/2 cups peanut butter (chunky or creamy. It's up to you. I used creamy.)
...3 cups flour
...1 cup white sugar
...1 cup packed brown sugar
...2 eggs
...1 tsp. baking powder
...1 1/2 tsp. baking soda


Directions...


In a medium bowl, cream together yogurt, peanut butter, eggs and sugars. In a larger, seperate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in wet mixture from medium bowl until well combined. Form into 1" balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten out balls with your palm or a fork. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails