Saturday, June 20, 2009

French Bread

Remember the ooey gooey french toast I made a few days ago? And the amazing syrup I made to coat them? Well here is the base of the whole meal....french bread!

The ingredients...

...1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
...1 teaspoon salt
...2 teaspoons granulated sugar
...3 cups flour
...2 teaspoons yeast

Directions...

Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed. Set program to dough. At the end of the dough cycle, and let sit on lightly floured surface for 5 minutes. Cut dough in half and roll into long ropes and place on cookie sheet. Slash each loaf 5 times diagonally let rise 45 to 60 minutes. Bake at 400* for 25 to 30 minutes.

My Thoughts....

This turned out really great! I used it a lot last week, not only in the french toast, but also to dip in the crockpot chili! I plan to make more of this for use in making garlic bread and other such goodies!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

yum yum. how tasty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails