Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thai Peanut Chicken

I love stir fry! It's delicious, it's easy, it's a cheaper alternative to Chinese take out and it's healthy! This is a new one I wanted to try...

Ingredients...

...2 c. uncooked rice
...4 c. water
...3 T. soy sauce
...2 T. peanut butter
...2 t. white wine vinegar (I ended up using cider vinegar cause it's all I had and it worked)
...1/4 t. cayenne pepper
...3 T. olive oil
...1 chicken breast, cut into strips
...2 1/2 c. green and red pepper strips
...Sprinkling of garlic powder
...Sprinkling of ginger
...1 small onion
...1/3 c. peanuts

Directions...

Cook rice until tender. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne and peanuts. Set aside. In skillet, brown chicken in olive oil until browned (about 5 minutes). Set heat to low and add remaining ingredients and peanut butter mixture. Cook, stirring frequently until peppers and onions are tender. Serve over rice.

My Thoughts...
I only tasted this from the pan and I thought it was good, but that the spices were way off. If I make this particular stir fry again, I will probably play around with the spices. However, I served this to hubs for supper that night and he thought it was good. So good in fact, that he asked to take the leftovers to work...and he works a weird shift and doesn't usually eat a meal while at work, just before and after.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails