Monday, June 22, 2009

Fresh Omelets

I have a confession to make. I have never, ever made an omelet in my life! So when hubs requested one for breakfast the other morning, I was a little leery...and positive that I was doing it wrong...but he liked it so maybe I'll just keep making them this way!

Ingredients...
...2 eggs
...1/2 ham steak
...1/4 small onion, chopped
...handful of cheese
...several strips of green pepper, chopped

Directions...

Place cheese, onion, green pepper and ham in small skillet and cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from skillet and place in small bowl for keeping. Place eggs in same skillet and break yolks. Let cook and flip to cook other side. Place toppings on egg and wait until cooked through.

My Thoughts...

So, I had too many ingredients. I couldn't fold it over. But hubs liked it none the less. I served it to him with toast and homemade strawberry rhubarb jam. What a filling and delicious breakfast perfect for the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails