Thursday, June 18, 2009

French Toast

We love us some breakfast food! Especially when not eaten for breakfast! Here is my favorite french toast recipe, which I made using homemade french bread (watch for recipe coming soon!) and served with homemade syrup!

The Ingredients...

...6 thick slices of bread
...2 eggs
...2/3 c. milk
...1/4 t. ground cinnamon
...1/4 t. ground nutmeg
...1 t. vanilla extract

Directions....

Beat together egg, milk, spices and vanilla. Heat lightly oiled skillet over medium heat on stovetop. Dunk bread into mixture on both sides. Place in preheated pan and cook on both sides until golden brown.

My Thoughts....
Yum! This is our favorite french toast recipe, it's so delicious and comforting! I can't wait to make this on a chilly fall morning!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! I love french toast and pancakes and waffles and all of that good breakfast stuff but my hubby doesn't so we don't make it as often around here as I would like. That looks so delightful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails