Friday, July 10, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

A few nights ago, my dear little sister and our cousin who is visiting town (she lives 12 hours away, and we don't get to visit often...) decided that they wanted to have a slumber party at my house. I obliged to the two giggling teens, and even made them homemade cinnamon rolls for the next morning. I know, my best big sister award will be in the mail, thanks :)

Ingredients...

Roll...
...3/4 c. water
...2 T. oil
...2 eggs
...1 1/2 t. salt
...2 T. granulated sugar
...3 c. flour
...2 1/4 t. active dry yeast

Brown Sugar/Cinnamon filling...
...1/3 c. brown sugar
...2 t. cinnamon
...2 T. melted butter

Icing...
...3 oz. cream cheese
...1/4 c. butter, softened
...1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
...1/2 t. vanilla extract

Directions...

Place ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Turn on to dough setting and let the machine run its cycle. When cycle is complete, place the dough on a lightly floured surface to rest for 5 minutes. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough until it is a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar mixture ingredients. Spread mixture onto dough. Roll up length wise and pinch edges together. Slice into 1 inch thick rounds. Place in a lightly greased 9x13" pan. Cover with a clean cloth or towel, and palce in a warm spot to rise, about an hour. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. When cooled, drizzle with icing.

My Thoughts...
I love cinnamon rolls! And growing up as a kid, we only had them on Christmas and Easter mornings. Which made eating them all the more special. But now that I know that making them is so easy, and of course delicious! When we have kids, I want them to remember warm, gooey cinnamon rolls on chilly fall and winter mornings. Even on a hot summer day as a tasty snack! I just loooovvveee cinnamon rolls!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I live Cinnamon buns. I especially love Cinnabons from the mall! I have never been able to make them quite as good as I don't usually like homemade ones. Maybe I'll give this recipe a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails