Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rhubarb Crisp

I harvested the rest of the rhubarb from my dad's patch, and decided to freeze most of it for this winter. But I also decided to make up a rhubarb crisp, because it's just oh so yummy!

The Ingredients...

...5 c. rhubarb, chopped
...1/2 c. water
...1 c. sugar
...3 T. flour
...1/2 c. butter/margarine
...3/4 c. brown sugar
...3/4 c. oatmeal
...3/4 c. flour
...1 t. cinnamon

Directions...
Put water and rhubarb in an 8 inch dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and 3 T. of flour and sprinkle over the top of the rhubarb/water mixture. In another bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oatmeal, remaining flour and cinnamon, mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture and bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes.

My Thoughts...


This was good, but it turned out different than the first time I made it. As you see in this picture, the topping isn't crumbly at all, but the first time I made it, it was. And I didn't do a thing different. Well, at any rate, this was really good, despite how the topping turned out. This is my favorite crisp recipe...just a note that you might want to omit the 1/2 cup of water as rhubarb is really watery to begin with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails