Sunday, July 12, 2009

Strawberry Smoothie

In search of something for lunch last week, I was disappointed in myself for not making enough of, well, anything that yielded leftovers. Except for the corn dog casserole. Which did have leftovers. Mountains of leftovers. None of which I wanted to eat. Which left me to choose between the makings for a sandwich and some strawberries. Some old, probably-should-have-been-in-my-food-waste-post strawberries. I decided to go with the sandwich, mostly because I was scared by the strawberries. But after eating the sandwich, I was still hungry. Crud. Guess that means the strawberries get a chance afterall....

Ingredients...

...8-ish strawberries, hulled
...1/2 c. milk (yes. I used powdered. we're out of store bought. I noticed no difference.)
...1/2 c. yogurt (which also needed using up. What I was thinking when I bought a BIG container of yogurt simply so I could make yet more yogurt, is beyond me...)
...1 tsp. vanilla
...3 tbs. sugar
...1 tray of ice cubes

Directions...

Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!

My Thoughts...
I was really hoping this would turn out, but held my breath on the results due to the less than fresh strawberries. But I was pleasantly surprised! I couldn't even tell that the berries had been sitting in my fridge for about a week too long (no mold. promise. I think it helped that they had previously been frozen) and this turned out sooo delicious! I had a glass for lunch and I put the remaining into the freezer and had that as an afternoon snack! I'm going to try this with peaches next as I have an over abundance of these that I got on markdown and the peach popsicles I attempted aren't going over so well...

1 comment:

Karine said...

MmM smoothies.. I have just posted a smoothie recipe on my blog.. Yours looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails