Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crockpot Fajitas

Mmmmmm! We love us some mexican! I don't typically make fajitas, but I found this recipe and began wondering why I haven't been as the ingredients are all things I have on hand...

Ingredients...

...1/2 each of green and yellow pepper, sliced in strips
...1 yellow onion sliced in strips
...1 pound steak (I used pork steak)
...3/4 cup water
...2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
...1 tsp. ground cumin
...1 tsp. chili powder
...1/2 tsp. salt
...1/2 tsp. garlic powder
..1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
...1/2 tsp. black pepper

Directions...

Place ingredients in slow cooker, stir to coat veggies and meat with seasonings. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until the meat is tender (it only took mine about 7-ish hours for really tender meat). Use slotted spoon to remove from crockpot so as not to have watery fajitas. Serve on tortilla shells with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and cheese.


My Thoughts...


This was really good, but I think I am going to stick to making them on stovetop. The veggies and meat were both kind of mushy, and we prefer our fajitas to have a bit of a crunch to them. I also thought this was pretty spicy, so if you have kids or a low spice tolerance you might want to tone it down a bit. This will be a great standby for when we want mexican, but only have time to pop something in the slowcooker in the morning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails