Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rhubarb Sauce

I've had this recipe saved to try for over a year now. Doesn't it just sound like such a yummy topping on ice cream? I also think it would make a tasty oatmeal mix, cake topping, waffle syrup or maybe even jam in a pinch.

The Ingredients...

...2 cups chopped rhubarb
...1 cup sugar

Directions...

Combine sugar and rhubarb and stir to coat. Microwave in for 12 minutes, stirring and mashing every 3 minutes.

My Thoughts...

Seriously, it doesn't get much easier than this! And it's good too! This makes about a pint of sauce. I can't wait to try this on top of all kinds of yummy treats! Don't get to experimental on this recipe...the sugar to rhubarb ratio is the perfect amount of sweet to tart.

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! I love stewed rhubarb. That looks delicious.

SnoWhite said...

I love rhubarb! I bet it would be great over waffles or pancakes (and warm over ice cream ... or pudding... yum).

Anonymous said...

We make stewed rhubarb all the time, and this year I even tried canning it! We have a lot of rhubarb plants...

We used to put a ton of sugar in ours, but lately the ratio has been more like : 8 cups rhubarb, 1 cup sugar. We've even tried making it with stevia - and used about a teaspoon to 4 cups rhubarb. Our recipe is 4 cups rhubarb and 1/4 cup water. Put in saucepan and heat at low heat until it smells like rhubarb. Cool and sweeten to taste.

Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails