Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baked Spaghetti

I never really understood the concept of baked spaghetti. I wasn't really sure how it was all different from regular spaghetti other than it sat in the oven for a half hour, making my electricity bill rise all the more. I'm still not seeing a world of difference other than this was creamier. At any rate, this was good, and baking it for a half hour was well worth it! Especially since I double tasked and baked up another batch of zucchini bread for my freezer at the same time!

Ingredients...

...1 pkg. spaghetti (16 oz.)
...1 lb. ground beef
...1/2 cup chopped green pepper
...1 medium onion, chopped
...1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
...1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
...1 can tomato soup (undiluted)
...1 cup water
...2 tablespoons brown sugar
...1 teaspoon of salt (I omitted this. Feel free to do the same.)
...1 teaspoon dried basil
...1 teaspoon oregeno
...1/2 teaspoon marjoram

DirectionsItalic...

In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Break spaghetti in half before placing in the pot. Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the beef with green pepper and onion. When the meat is no longer pink, drain and stir in a bowl with soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, and seasonings. Drain spaghetti and stir into the meat sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

The Verdict...
This was so tasty! It was creamy and saucy all at the same time. Hubs loved this and gave a resounding "yes!" when I asked if he liked it! So despite that I don't understand the whole "baked" concept...this recipe is sticking around. For a long, long, long time! Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails