Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Easiest Shepherd's Pie You'll Ever Make!

This is the easiest Shepherd's Pie you will ever make! It's simple, but still delicious! This is my "It's been a crazy day, I'm exhausted and don't want to cook!" standby! I do have a little more complex Shepherd's Pie recipe, but this is the one I most often make as it is easy, great for crazy days and still delicious!

Ingredients...

...Mashed Potatoes (I make my own. You can use instant if you wish)
...1 can cream of mushroom soup
...1/2 lb. hamburger
...Veggies (you can use fresh. I use frozen ones that I get for free with coupon!)

Directions...

Brown meat and combine with vegetables and cream of mushroom soup. Spread in an oven safe dish. Top with mashed potatoes and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


The Verdict...

I was so beat when I got home from work last night, and the last thing that I wanted to do was make some elaborate supper. So I whipped up this shepherd's pie in a matter of seconds and went about my business. I served this with fresh fruit and hubs really enjoyed it. This is actually one of his favorite meals, and when he saw what I was making he gave me a huge hug and kiss and said "I really love you!"

Apparently shepherd's pie is the way to this man's heart....

To see some more really great recipes, check out Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!

1 comment:

Signing Out said...

This sounds yummy and is easy ... my kind of meal. Thanks for sharing it!

Jane

Related Posts with Thumbnails