Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tuna Salad

This is such a simple recipe, and I feel slightly silly for sharing it, but it's hot and I don't want to cook! So this is what I made for lunch yesterday, with my own little twists! I enjoy this, and make it often when it's too hot to cook. I only make tuna salad in the summer, strangely. Probably because in the winter I enjoy using my oven, it aids with heating the house ;)

Ingredients...

...1 can tuna
...Mayonnaise
...Pickle Relish (yes. my relish is in packets. My mother in law found a box for cheap at Sams Club, so it's what I use!)
...Tomatoes (not pictured)
...Ranch Dressing (not pictured)

Directions...

Dump tuna in a bowl. Add enough mayo to make it creamy, but not too much. Add ranch dressing until salad has reached desired consistency/creaminess. Stir in pickle relish, as much or little as you desire. Chop tomato (not a lot) and stir in. Serve on bread with lettuce and tomato slices if desired.

The Verdict...
The ranch dressing added just the right amount of tang to this salad, and the tomato chunks add a little extra veggie serving as well as a little more flavor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails