Friday, August 28, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes

It's my most favorite day of the year! It's my birthday! I decided that there was no better way than to celebrate with some homemade chocolate cupcakes! I made these to take to daycare with me yesterday as birthday treats for my two year old kiddos, and most of them only ate the frosting (I guess Betty Crocker stole the show there...) but it was still delicious and they were still super excited to get to eat chocolate cupcakes instead of rice cakes for snack!


Ingredients...


...2 cups sugar
...2 eggs
...3/4 cup butter (or applesauce or yogurt. I just used butter cause it was all I had on hand)
...1/2 cup boiling water
...2 1/2 cups flour
...3/4 cup cocoa
...2 teaspoons baking soda
...Pinch of baking powder
...1 teaspoon of vanilla
...1 cup boiling water

Directions...

Mix sugar, eggs, butter and 1/2 cup boiling water together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into cupcake pan and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

The Verdict...

I'm not gonna lie. I was worried about this. Usually homemade chocolate cake turns out pretty disasterous for me, but these were absolutely DELISH! (despite that the 2 year olds in my class would only eat the frosting. But I took that with a grain of salt. They're two.) Perfectly moist and chocolatey to boot! I'm definetely making this my new chocolate cake recipe...for cakes and cupcakes alike! YUM!

To see other tasty dishes, check out the Recipe Swap going on over at The Grocery Cart Challenge!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails