Thursday, August 27, 2009

BLT Pizza

My across the street neighbor is obsessed with his gardening. Let me repeat that...obsessed. He is out in his garden 24/7 taking care of things, and I always have to giggle when it's raining and he's standing outside with a hose watering it. Now that's some garden devotion. So when he showed up at my door with a grocery bag full of tomatoes, I was giddy! They were huuuuggee! And so red and juicy! I had to figure out recipes to use them up without having salad every night, so I finally decided to make up this BLT pizza that's been on my menu plan for weeks. And I'm not disappointed one bit! One of the great things about this pizza recipe is it's so easy to make ahead, unlike most pizzas! The crust can be tossed in the freezer until you're ready to use it and the toppings can all be chopped and refrigerated until it's time to eat. Now that's convenience...no more excuse for take out with simplicity like this!
Ingredients...
Dough

...3/4 cup water
...1 tablespoon olive oil
...1 teaspoon salt
...2 1/2 cups flour

Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed. Run machine on dough cycle. Roll dough out with rolling pin to desired size/thickness. Place on pizza pan and bake for 18 minutes at 350.


Toppings

...Tomato
...6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
...Mayonnaise
...Lettuce
...Cheddar Cheese

Thinly spread mayonnaise onto baked pizza crust and lay bacon on top. Cover with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes. Top with lettuce and tomato.

The Verdict...

SO good! I love homemade pizza and I love BLT's. This was the perfect marriage of the two. It doesn't get any better than this! And what a great summer recipe! Garden produce on a pizza, delish!
To see more great recipes, check out the Ultimate Recipe Swap over at Life as Mom. And for more recipes showcasing tomatoes, check out In Season Recipe Swap over at Tammy's Recipes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! two of my families favorite pizza and BLTs. We have pizza night once a week and BLT night twice a month. Next time I will to combine the two. THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

Alice said...

Looks great, I can't wait to try it, but I have one question. Should that be 2 1/2 cups flour?

MoneySavinDiva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MoneySavinDiva said...

ah. I just re-read it. yes it should be flour. thanks for pointing that out kathleen!

VaQueenBee said...

I'm going to make this tonight. I've got my crust in the bread machine right now! Thanks for sharing!

FishMama said...

Fun pizza topping. Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails