Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Slow Cooker French Dip

I enjoy a good french dip sandwich. I never much understood the whole au jus concept, but the meat and the sandwich...good! My mother in law gave us some frozen roast beef a few weeks back, and I knew right away that I wanted to try french dip with it.

The Ingredients...

...Roast beef of some sort (beef roast, sliced roast beef, etc.)
...1 beef boullion cube
...2 1/2 cups water
...1 can beer
...1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
...1 bay leaf
...1 tsp. rosemary
...1 tsp. thyme
...1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions...

Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Serve on rolls.

The Verdict...
These were good! Not quite as good as something you would get in a resturant, but I enjoyed it nonetheless! I made french rolls by using this french bread recipe, and just making 6 mini loaves instead of two larger. It worked out well! I don't think hubs liked this so much, so when it comes time to reheat this as leftovers, I'm going to make Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails